Monday, November 19, 2007

come fly wih me, let's float down to peru

sometimes you have to take advantage of beautiful days. yesterday was cold and rainy and gloomy and today slapped yesterday in the face. today the sky was clear, the temperature was a utopian 73 degrees, and the sun said it had nothing better to do but shine. i walked around my apartment complex eating a peanut butter and banana sandwich and sipping coffee. i danced to music playing in my headphones, while wearing pajamas, all aorund the sidewalks at my complex. those strange looks from other residents? they wer jealous, because no one can take advantage of a beautiful day like i can.

did i have to write a paper for shakespeare today? yes. did i recently have a gint fight with my im-so-in-love-i-can't-tand-it boyfriend? yes. am i still amd for not painting, not writing, not having a 4.0 and being completely broke? yes, yes, and oh god yes.

but today, it was a utopian 73 degrees, and the sun said it had nothing better to do but shine, and that's all there was.

<3gen

3 comments:

Brandon Foster said...

Good to see that you have cheered up.

Le Meems said...

Work it out mama. I love dancing in my pajamas in broad day light. In fact, nothing I love more than shiny sun days and wearing inappropriate clothing while jammng out to music in the old headphones ; )

Ryan Cooper said...

It's getting cold. Cross your fingers and maybe we'll get to enjoy snow this year!