Monday, May 15, 2006

library madness

now that i finally have the chance to rekindle my love for reading, the following books have been checked out to grace my life for the nest 3 months:

flowers for algernon- daniel keyes
the catcher in the rye- j.d. salinger
beyond genetics- glenn mcgee
an american childhood- annie dillard
weetzie bat- francesca lia block
why some like it hot: food, genes, and cultural diversity- gary paul nabham
travels with charlie- john steinbeck
one flew over the cuckoo's nest- ken kesey
whose view of life? embryos, cloning, and stem cells- jane maienschien
a heartbreaking work of staggering genius- dave eggers
genome- matt ridley

it has been a busy as hell two days. yesterday i unpacked both cars, packed one with lindsey's stuff and the other with mine for the rutsky's, cleaned the kitchen, went out for mother's day, did two loads of laundry and returned it all nicely folded, and cleaned up my stuff downstairs. today i got up early, went to my job interview, accepted a full tiem job working in toys at smith's variety store in mountainbrook, moved all of my things into the rutsky's, and came to the library to check out the very books i have listed before you.

i feel like a grown up. it's strange.
but i have a brand new my little pony lunchbox for work, so i think i'm ok.

<3gen

3 comments:

Pricing Guide said...

i miss you. come visit like everyone else.

Lindsey Jayne said...

Flowers for Algernon and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest are too of my favorite books of all time. I'm really excited for you!

Genevieve said...

lindsey, i can't believe you messed up too and two. it made me love you even more. wheee..
<3gen