Friday, November 17, 2006

joy to the world

sometimes i love my life.

i love my little to-do list next to my closet.
i love making bacon egg and cheese sandwiches and watching cooking shows.
i love spending my own, hard-earned money.
i love my stuffed animals sitting on my books.
i love having a printer.
i love my fabric-covered tv.
i love having a place for everything.
i love washing my own dishes.
i love my beautiful room.
i love it when my roommate says things like:
"hey guys, it's 2006, why am i still having to walk places?"
i love new friends who are good for me.
i love having school supplies.
i love packing for home.
i love having a home.
i love making coffee in the mornings.
i love having my life condensed to one side of a dorm room- it's cozy.
i love beautiful days.
i love my cloak.
i love writing good essays.
i love listening to music.
i love my new car.
i love trying to be a grown up, and sometimes it works.

i am thankful for everything god has given me.
and evyerthing my friends have given me.
and everything my family has given me.
and everything i have given myself.

i've got soul but i'm not a soldier,
gen

No comments: