Thursday, January 18, 2007

partie deux

the second installment of one hundred things

26-50

26. i fall more in love with faulkner every day
27. i write in all of my books
28. click
29. i do not think i could ever find words in our pitiful human language to describe my absolute disdain and bloodboiling hatred that i possess for analytic philosophy
30. sometimes people have touble understanding that i do not give a damn what they think of me
31. one of the drawbacks and inevitable curses of being open and honest about your relationships is that you, by default, make it everyone else's business, where they then have the right to give you any advice or life lessons they feel necessary. you listen, when really all you can think is that they do not understand at all. also, it is never just one person, but many many people, who for some reason do not think that you know your flaws well enough, or preach them to yourself on a daily basis, and therefore must point them out to you systematically so that if for just one minute, even one second, you try to escape your own self-loathing, they can step in and remind you what you are doing wrong.
33. dr. crowly is quite possibly the most monotone man i have ever encountered in my life.
34. www.pandora.com
35.~while i was fighting wars with myself you were trying to stop the fight~
36. i do not update my blogs often enough
37. an online blog is the ultimate excercise in passive-aggressiveness
38. i do not think i will ever enjoy my father's company
39. bukowski is good, but he is not the best
40. i like being scheduled
41. one of my greatest joys in life is buying and having groceries
42. i have not been drunk in a very long time and that is kind of sad
43. my roommate [the most wonderous thing in the world] and friends [many other magical things] managed to give me quite possibly the most wonderful birthday i have ever experienced in my life, for reasons that even they can not understand
44. i have been having very vivid dreams about things happening to my sister, or me losing her, or fighting or hating and things of that nature, and it's very strange and i wonder what they mean. what am i afraid of?
45. "and i want life in every word to the extent that it's absurd"
46. i need to paint my toenails
47. the more charity work i do, the more i want to do
48. i think i'm going to ask my mom about taking out a student loan
49. i have a place to live next year and it has taken such a huge weight off my shoulders it is marvelous
50. i do not have to justify anything i do to anyone i know - EVER.

<3gen

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I still find your undying hatred for analytic philosophy particularly interesting in that I still haven't quite heard why...I know you said you don't give justifications, but I still don't quite see why.

Ryan Cooper said...

Yay for new apartment roommates!